Monday, August 4, 2014

A Wasp Sting

Today I was the most afraid I remember being in years. Our family was visiting Mount Paron Primitive Baptist Church. I was swinging on the swing-set, and a wasp stung me on the neck. I'm really allergic, and I got very scared. I asked Mama where the epipen was. She didn't have it. We were visiting family, and in all the craziness of getting packed and changing bags, she forgot it.

 Ericka told Daddy, and Daddy, Ben, and I got in the car. Out of all the places in GA why did it have to be in a large town with lots of red lights, and several people that were going too slow? I was afraid that I would have difficulties breathing like I did the last time I had a reaction. I prayed that God would keep me safe.

 When we got to the hospital the lady at the front desk asked Daddy all these questions. I just wanted to get on with it. At last they brought me into this cold, scary room. Why do they have to make hospitals look so depressing? They checked my blood pressure and checked my heartbeat. I started to feel less nervous......until I saw a needle. The doctor said that the were going to use an IV to give me liquids. (They are giving me medicine through a tube and into my arm? What?)Well, they gave me an IV. The steroids felt fine, but the benadryl made me feel drowsy and jittery.

They finally released me from the hospital. I was glad to know that the people at the church prayed for me. I know that the prayers helped because other than the wasp sting hurting, feeling a little bit tight, and feeling uncomfortable I'm okay. The worse part was probably fearing it would be as bad as it was the last time. I will never forget my first reaction (the ambulance and everything), but the allergy shots I've been getting for a little over a year seem to be working. Now I won't worry as much.
I look really scary in this picture. My pink face is not a reaction to the wasp sting though. It is my sun burn from the beach.
Looking on the bright side, I got to have so much fun with my cousins.
 

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry you got stung but thankful you did not have a bad reaction!

    ReplyDelete