Sunday, January 3, 2016

80 Degree Christmas


Twas the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
The AC was running,
Because we live in the south.


I think that this poem sums up Christmas Eve. When I woke up on Christmas Eve morning, I made what I like to call, "The North Pole Breakfast". I decided to cook some waffles with about a forth a cup of chocolate chips per waffle (literally). The table was decorated with poinsettias, gold pine cones, and garland. There were cups for apple cider, and cups for chocolate milk. We didn't have hot chocolate or warm apple cider because at the time it was about 70 degrees outside. As we ate we listened to Jingle Bell Rock, and other Christmas songs. I have been in the cooking kick lately. The night before Christmas Eve I made a cake, and some chicken with pepper jack cheese, and spinach on it.The holidays are the perfect excuse to make sugar loaded foods.

After breakfast I went to the woods. I was rudely interrupted by black widow spiders, and helicopter sized mosquitoes.......I despise mosquitoes with a fiery passion. Noah should have squashed those two mosquitoes. It is January 3rd, and my ear is still swollen!!! Anyway, I had wished for an eno for Christmas. I had looked at videos on YouTube on how to set up an eno. For those of you who are wondering what an eno is, it is a super strong hammock that can be attached almost anywhere. I wasn't getting my hopes up! I was going to get one with my own money if Santa didn't get me one this year.

We made the traditional sugar cookies, ate our traditional supper with Mr. Miles, and went to bed. I couldn't get Sadie still so we watched something on Ericka's laptop. That got her to sleep. Around 6:50 a.m. I woke up. We kept a curtain in our hall so we wouldn't peek. I remember 4 of Christmases ago I peeked. This year I didn't walk near the door. I knew that I would feel the urge to peek. Daddy said that we could come out around 7:00..... It was 7:15 when we walked out. Excitement had built up for so long. When I walked out, there on the love seat was my stocking. I didn't see anything because my stocking was overflowing with candy, toys, and school supplies. There it was, in the cutest little bag, my eno. It came with atlas straps, and it was aqua blue with purple and yellow on the side. Santa knows me so well because that was exactly what I wanted!

I also got a Joanne's gift card, money, and a t-shirt from Mr. Miles!!! You know how I love Joanne. I can't wait to be let loose in that store! Timothy got a ventriloquism dummy named Kenny, Sadie got blocks, and two dolls, Ericka got lots of cash, and Ben got lots of cash. We are all so grateful for everything we received, and we thank God most of all for sending his son, Jesus, to give us the greatest gift of all.

No comments:

Post a Comment