Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Cricket Creek

This tipi is the first one I ever made.....I was so proud of it.
Several years ago Tim and I found a place in the woods beside our house with a fire break that was filled with water. I decided to call it Cricket Creek. We used to fight over who it belonged to.....well Tim found it and I named it. We decided it was everybody's land. I decide that we needed some houses ,or in this case tipis. I made three all together. My first one was good ,but it was extremely cheap. I had to repair it all the time. The second tipi I made was for Ericka and Becca. It was large, but looked nothing like a tipi. Ericka and Timothy made a clay oven in that tipi ,and they used the turtle shell that Sara found for a bowl. Just in case you're wondering we did not eat out of that bowl. My third tipi I shared with Lillie. It was my favorite one. Last year when we went to the woods we found all the tipis in ruins. We don't have the tipis back there anymore because the wind blew them down. We could have built them back, but we were afraid that snakes lived in there. Maybe we will rebuild this year......I don't know.  
       

No comments:

Post a Comment